View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
In my mind the LXR250f and Hawk are almost two different classes of bike.

The LXR250f is to the CRF250R/L as the Hawk is to the CRF230F.

I don't think you would be unhappy with either choice.

If you don't mind spending the money of 2 1/2 Hawks, the LXR250f definitely offers the hardware to make up that difference in price. If you want the most capable off road bike, then the LXR250f wins hands down. Nearly double the power, GOOD suspension, alloy rims, and EFI. You can also fit parts for KTM's like a larger fuel tank, and there is even a big bore kit made for that engine.

The Hawk is the king of value. With a few cheap upgrades and changes it makes an awesome commuter bike, errand runner, and/or a fun weekend trail bike. It will never be a good true off-roader when compared to other bikes like the LXR though, so if that matters, then the extra money is well spent. That said, it is hard to beat in terms of capabilities for the money spent.
Yeah I would love to have both! I hope I can someday. Id mainly be using it to commute to work and back to save on gas. Ive seen so many good things about the LXR, and I wouldnt have to fight the carb like I did on my hawk. The power would be very welcome as well.

Its a really hard choice, the wife doesnt make it any easier because she says I can only have one bike. Well, we will see. I have an FZ 07 at the moment, and she wants me to sell it to get one of these bikes. I dont think she understands that all three are VERY different.

Oh well.