View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwildman View Post
do you mean a cg250 push rod engine? thats not at all like a crf230 engine. Its a clone of a honda nx150 with a big bore to 230cc.. If its the overhead cam version I couldnt say im unfamiliar with that version of the chonda clone. That said being based on a 150 its allready pretty much oversquare, you could deck the head for a bit more compression but its allready under stress, so id be afraid of making it less dependable.
No I'm refering to the OHC version that is a copy of the CRF230F. Same bore and stroker and case basically.

Anyway, since posting this I did some investigating and found out that it could easily be upgraded to an off the shelf 67mm piston for a fraction of the cost (under $100) of the kits BUT like many have found that have done the conversion to the CRF230 it leaves the cylinder walls a little thin boring them to 67mm so depending on the type of riding you do it can reduce the longevity of the motor a lot. So you have to decide if it's worth the extra CI for the reduced life of the motor.