Thread: Hitch Revisited
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I've had to dump a ton of pics due to overload. I've been asked to repost the hitch pics so here they are.
Somewhere here is the basic instructions in a thread where the pics used to live. If someone knows its whereabouts, please link.
Pin Hitch!
Well, it looks as though my Rhino is finally done!

I was looking at anhoards angle iron hitch setup and thought I'd tinker with his great idea a bit. There is little if any, workable space back there on the 250D and Rhino (and whatever else shares this same swingarm) to really add a hitch without just zapping one on the rear end, like the Kandi quads come with. I kept in mind I just needed a pin hitch to haul my carts around, I wasn't going to be hauling any boats or mobile homes. Also, I wanted to keep it "bolt on", because I wanted it reversible or repairable, if need be.

So....I dug out a hunk of 1.25" angle iron I had laying around, cut two 18" pieces and went at it. After a bunch of measuring, cutting, drilling, I got the pieces to lay where I wanted them to in the swingarm cradle. Then I fabbed an "E.T" looking piece for the pin attachment out of some old, thicker flat stock I had, placed it where I wanted it to live and then cut the angle iron pieces at the correct length. They ended up at 14.75". I used U-bolts to attach the angle iron pieces to the swingarm cross support up front and then bolted the angle iron on using the lower shock bolt toward the rear. I also had to keep in mind that I needed two access holes to loosen the top bolts for adjusting the chain. I will need to get a little longer lower shock bolt as it barely comes through enough to hit the nylon in the ny-lock nut. Then a test fit, some paint and VIOLA! Bolt-On Pin Hitch!

I may get one of those bolt-on receiver adapters at a later date.