View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbender6 View Post
Welcome to the Jeep addiction. We got a Wrangler a few months ago.
Sounds like you have some great mods planned. We have added some nerf bars but not much else.
Thanks! Still getting used to the idea of being a Jeep owner. I have had a few other 4wds in the past. Mostly S10 Blazers, one full size Blazer and a couple full size GMC pickups. Always wanted one so when this one came up i had to jump on it as it was in my price range. Eventually i want to pick up a square Headlight Wrangler (YJ up here in canada) or a TJ to go alongside it for some plans i have. Either way which ever other Jeep i end up with i will probably keep it to stock tire size so it can share tires with the patriot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
What he said.

I'm going on eight years of ownership and have yet to succumb to the syndrome known as Just Empty Every Pocket. My few additions have been HD shocks, roll bar grab straps, mirror relocation kit, and a bluetooth radio.
Yea i was warned about that syndrome....and my wallet is already freaking out about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
Congrats on the little Jeeplet.
I bought a brand new 2016 Patriot "Sport" FWD 2.0L / CVT trans in July of 2016.
Got a good deal on it I think. $16k for a brand new vehicle.
I looked into the RRO stuff, it seems like very high quality items.
I did not install the 2" lift, but went ahead and had a set of 235/70R16 Kumho AT's put on. Those tires are frigg'n AWESOME for the low low price you pay for them! ( mind you I do not "go mudding", just fire roads, on the farm, and gave them a heck of a snow & Ice workout! )
18 months later and I still like my little Jeeplet. The 2.0L / CVT combo kinda sucks pulling the 5x8 enclosed cargo trailer! (I only pull in manual shift mode and staying out of overdrive!) But other than that, I cant really fault it any.

Nice Patriot! Did not realize they still used the CVT with the 2.0. Must have been a 2.4 upgrade only in '14 when they standardized the Hyundai designed 6 speed. But one thing that is nice is that they also standardized the Freedom Drive II springs on the Series IIs all across the board. Are you able to run a full size spare in yours? That is one thing that has me wanting to stay with the 215/70R16 size so i can run a full size spare in the stock spare tire well. If it came down to it i suppose i could convert the spare tire well into tool storage and just strap down the spare to the load floor. There have been times i have already considered the idea of spacers to run 215/85R16 tires on the OE rims to have a "Pizza cutter" set up as some Land Rover owners put it. Tall and skinny tires for clawing through snow and mud. One way i could get around the spare problem is building a false floor to have a flat platform above it for my various containers that contain tools and other required items for expo duty. Downside to this idea is the fact that the lift up panel for the spare well takes up the entire floor. So i would need to be careful what i actually kept in the well.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)