Thread: TT250 vs. XF250
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #7

I have not had the opportunity to ride the TT250 but can say that the Xf 250 is a very high quality bike for the money. I have nearly 15,000 miles on mine and I have been very pleased. The engine is a exact copy of a popular Suzuki design and made by the makers of Benelli who claim to actually be a Suzuki parts manufacturer. It is pretty popular worldwide, so much that Haynes has produced a Service manual in English specifically for the XF 125/200/250. As a result, parts are cheap, easy to find, and the bike is easy to work on so I don't feel the need to have an SSR dealer nearby. The warranty is the real deal, 12 months or 12,000 miles but warranty claims do need to be done by a dealer.

I like that the SSR engine is a full 249cc and not 229cc like many competitors. It has a 2 horsepower edge on the TT. When it comes to top speed CSC says the TT top speed is 60mph while my SSR is happy cruising at nearly 70, with a top speed of about 78.

For me the big plusses for with CSC would be their great customer service and having support wherever you are, plus and the TT has a slightly larger fuel tank and probably gets better gas mileage than the XF; mine only gets around 55mpg and has a 2.5 gallon tank.

My biggest dislikes with my SSR have been the lousy gauges, no gas gauge(the 2017's have one), no trip meter, and the odometer reads about 15% over. I recently replaced my gauges with the digital kind that come standard on the Grom knockoffs and they are awesome.

I think many people steer away from the SSR because of the $3150 MSRP but the price is pretty good if you can haggle a little. I got mine for about $2,300 or $2,700 "out the door".