View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #4

Thanks Megadan and JerryHawk250!

This is the bike that the seller said threw a push rod. I hadn't worked on it yet as I was awaiting the title transfer. This is also the bike I plan on turning into a street tracker/scrambler style bike. Kind of a "Town and Country" bike.

At this point I'm just in the design stage. I've put the frame into AutoCad, lowered the rear suspension 2", front suspension 3", and nearly flattened (slight upward sweep) the seat area. I plan on going from the monoshock to twin shocks, building a custom seat and possibly going with the CG125 style gas tank (found on Ebay or Amazon).

Other changes include a large round headlight, a metal, short front fender moved closer to the tire, partial rear fender and new turn signals of some kind. The exhaust system will need some modification too but haven't decided on that yet.

Of course nothing will happen until I ensure the engine is in good order!

My wife is a breast cancer survivor (over 2 1/2 years cancer-free) and I'm building this bike for her. It will have a small Wonder Woman/Breast Cancer Survivor graphic somewhere on the bike. She wants it painted in matte black so the pink (more of a fuchsia) graphic pops. Not sure where we'll put "Jackie" lol. The frame will be a bright fuchsia color so I'll play around a bit between CAD and Photoshop to coordinate the black, fuchsia, and chrome/silver areas.

I'll create space beneath the seat for the electronics, eliminate the air box and, thanks to the recommendations I've read on this forum, go with the Mikuni VM26 carburetor and pod filter.

As far as tires: Not sure yet. She'll want a tough look but in reality it will be driven on asphalt 95% of the time.