Thread: RX4 talk
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #24

Actually, the RX3 price is more than it costs to get the bike on sale, shipped, to the continental U. S. of A. Therefore, I expect those prices are sufficient to cover certification.

I bought a RX3 from the original shipment. Quality has been disappointing, but it is Chinese. CSC has pushed through a number of improvements that apparently have rectified a number of the quality issues, and dealing with the Chinese, that isn't easy, so CSC deserves credit.

On the other hand, other than the brakes and maintenance, performance has been excellent on the back roads, paved and dirt, of western Kentucky and northwest Tennessee. It is the perfect bike for touring off the main highways. It is quite spunky until the brakes decided to act up.

I've been thinking of buying another RX3 with all the improvements to reduce maintenance time, but I already have 1 and would like a bit more spunk on interstates and a wider powerband, which I expect the 450 will provide since it apparently has a lower power/displacement ratio. I expect the 450 will easily handle the RX3s too tall final drive. I expect the RX4's brakes will be mounted to an appropriately machined surface. I've not seen any evidence of CSC allowing the same fraud twice.

EDIT: I'll not waste the excellent RX3 engine of the original bike. I have a hook on a TW200 with a blown crank and holed case that could make good use of a RX3 engine. Still cheaper than building a TW up to RX3 capabilities.