View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #14

There is way you can fix the tank you have if you haven't found one yet. It looks like that the leak is at the filler. If it is, one of my step daughter's quad had a similar leak. I was able to repair it with a soldering iron and plastic shavings from an oil container. I used the soldering iron to melt the broken sections together. I then took a wire wheel, chucked it into my drill, and created plastic shavings. I used an empty black, quart sized oil container that I first washed out and dried. I gathered up the shavings and dipped the iron into them to pick them up and melt them at the same time. I was able to use this process to fill in the areas where plastic was missing where the parts were joined. I did this repair last summer and it's held up so far.

Do a search for 'plastic welding with a soldering iron' and check out the videos. Some are showing just using iron while others are using some sort of plastic sticks.

Edit; just thought I would add, please, make sure that you empty and clean out the tank well before starting any repair.
2016 Tao Tao 125D