View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #194

Whelp, three more work days and then I'm on vacation for the rest of the year. Phone will be 'OFF'.

Got the crane done with a half day to spare. My old managers were having cows that it wouldn't get done in time because they agreed to a 12/15 completion date or the deal would fall through. New managers were, "You agreed to what? What the f*** is wrong with you?" New managers came and asked me if that happened often. Grinned and told them that it was a common practice to agree with the customer on a delivery date, then ask me if it was doable. Apparently, the practice stops as of Dec. 31.

There was a major eff-up last week that I'm still laughing about because I was told that my input wasn't needed. So I kept my mouth shut. The guys working on the project are from our plant in Italy and are very anal about testing every step of the assembly. They did everything right..., until it came to paint. My input was why was an airless sprayer, used primarily for buildings and heavy coatings, being used to apply paint to very large and intricate vehicle chassis. I'll add that I had 23 years experience in the coatings application industry before I came to MTM. Anyway, they sprayed the chassis Friday after I left for Charleston and stayed late to finish it. (I stayed late at two airports and didn't get home until 3am Saturday morning.) On Monday morning, the paint was still tacky. Still tacky, because some genius forgot to add the hardener to the paint. The chassis now needs to be completely dismantled, stripped to bare metal, repainted and reassembled. Put the project back by at least a month.

Will be back on Jan. 2nd for inventory. Already have made it known that I am only there for technical assistance, not to count parts.

I am so glad that 2017 is grinding to a halt, though 2018 appears that it will be quite interesting.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts