View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:13 AM   #185

I'm starting to like this working from home thing. Seems that I have something that I haven't had in twenty years and that's free time. I sure as heck don't have set hours.

I booked Monday through Thursday to work on a machine in St. Louis. I wrapped things up Wednesday afternoon, spent the night there, and boogied home early Thursday morning. I got back at ten. Other than working with the Sales guys and customers over the phone, I had nothing else to do, so Mrs.C and I did the registration stuff for the DeSoto and had lunch together. Did a few more phone calls and emails from my couch after we got home along with getting the insurance set on the DeSoto. Then took the car down to Inky Tim's new shop.

Today, I was supposed to run up to the Milwaukee area to look at a machine but that got postponed by the customer for two weeks but another thing came up near Chicago that's only going to take me about an hour. After that, phone calls and paperwork from my couch. This must be what it's like to be semi retired.

Next week, it's back in Beaufort for the week. The room is finished, so I hope to get that set up and get someone trained in calibration. Also have plans to set up a training course for the CS staff on deciphering our manuals. Not too many things are more aggravating than having your head in a machine and getting a call from CS because they can't find a part number and they need it right away.

Down to three more years.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts