View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
The foot brake light switch is a standard motorcycle part. I've broken a few on various bikes so I bought 5 off eBay for under $1 each.

The minor problems I've had with the Rhino are indeed minor for me, being a mechanic.

Rack support is a quick fix once I get home to my garage and welder.

The choke lever unit is held together by a machine screw threaded into about 3mm of plastic. If you try to snug it up enough so the lever stays where you put it the plastic threads just pull out. It's a common design on Chinese bikes but not a good design. Better to just have the ball detent and use the lever on the carb.

The shocks are a wear item and aren't expected to last forever. The new ones work better and were cheaper than OEM shocks.

I know sealed carbs are a way to get EPA approval but it's still stupid. A spec of dust will clog the tiny pilot jet orifice. I suppose a sledge hammer blow to the float bowl stands some chance of dislodging it.

BTW all the gas used in the Rhino is premium stored in clean plastic 5 gallon cans.
Did you replace the fuel lines? The fuel lines that come on these china bikes are garbage and pieces of rubber will flake off and get in the carb.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel