View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 12:37 AM   #6

Tubes

I had the factory front tube come apart at 61 miles. Some people have mentioned that the factory Hawk tubes are made by the Chinese Condom Company!

I bought IRC heavy duty tubes from Amazon. I also replaced the rim strips because the rear rim strip had a tear in it from a spoke nipple. They are also made by IRC. Since I spend at least 50 percent of my Hawk time on paved roads, I switched out the knobby tires for Shinko 244s. I really like the 244s!

I understand about being frustrated with the lack of dealer support. I was ready to sell my Hawk and by a new Kawasaki KLX 250. Then I saw the price tag attached to that new KLX! Which is why I bought new tires, tubes and rim strips!

Like everyone else has said, once you get the bugs worked out, the Hawk is a nice little dual sport motorcycle.

Good luck & hang in there!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat