View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #1

VM26 Carb Needle Removal & Needle Position

So I am in the process of installing my new Mikuni VM26 carb on my stock Hawk 250 and have run into an obstacle that I am unable to find an answer to. I have jetted the main jet (to a 110) & the pilot jet (to a 25) and have proceeded to adjust the needle clip position but am unable to figure out how to remove the VM26's spring seat plate to allow me to get to the needle for removal. When looking at the stock carb which I just removed, I can easily see how to remove the needle from the stock carb but this new VM26 carb is different and I cannot figure out the method of removing this plate that is on top of the needle clip. Does anyone know how this plate over the needle and clip may be removed??

Also, my intention is to place the needle clip of my new VM26 carb to the "center" position as recommended, and so does anyone know what needle position these new VM26 carbs come with from the factory? For all I know, the carb may have the needle in the center position right from the factory, and if so, then that would be great because the carb would then be ready for install. But this needle clip plate is the only thing standing in my way right now for installing this new carb.

Anyone able to help? Thanks!