Thread: Hawk Fuel gauge
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musictrek View Post
Did some readjusting of the float on the Hawk gas gauge. It was always going to the 1 bar fuel pump flashing way too early. This was happing on like a half a tank of gas. So, I spent some time tearing into it and figuring out when the trigger point of the 1 bar fuel pump flashing starts with respect to the float position. On mine (which may not be typical on all Hawks) my 1 bar flashing fuel pump on the digital cluster occurs at about 64 ohms. my fuel float rheostat gives allot a dead space from 64 ohms to empty with a ohm reading of about 83 ohms at empty with respect to the float position and how far the wire can travel on the rheostat. So, my goal was to get the float closer down to the bottom of the tank right at the 64 ohm trigger point and still leave some gas in the tank and also of course going to reserve if ever needed. Doing this change did widen the full indication though. Meaning that the readout is a little longer for showing a full tank as the gas is burned up. I'm ok with that. As I stated above, I was going to 1 bar with fuel pump flashing in the cluster way too early with at least a half a tank of gas. The pic below shows when the approx. trigger point is when filling tank and indicating full.
So, for the 3/4 trigger of 3 bars on the cluster the gas is just under the hump
Attached Images