View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Glad you made it home!! How is your bike thought of in Pakistan?
The bike is the largest engine bike in Pakistan we donot have bike any larger then 150cc/125cc most common are 70cc.

So yes this bike is a head turner for every one as mostly this kind of machine is considered to be some foreigner riding into Himalaya..

Recently like in last half a decade motorcyle adventure touring has gone exponentially high and lot of people are taking interest in larger long route daul purpose bikes..

most elite tend to choose Japanese or BMWs for the purpose (which is 0.0001% of actual local adventure tourist)

where as other who cant afford choose dirt bikes and daul sports as they are cheap and with modifications they make it tour ready...

This bike had a critical reception when I first brought it following you guys closely then its doing good in U.S. and rider find it good out there...

I was center of attention and almost every guy with a daul sports/dirt bike in our clan had a drag race with it... (rx3 win every drag )

We did noticed it wasnt "that" maneuverable as dirt machine and smaller bikes... but that made sense as it was large and had too much to carry along..

At one point we camped in snow and I was accompanied with Husky; Bmw; xr; dergree and same night it was being discussed that this is a chinese replica it wont last long ang would might create issues in this ery tour..

but in morning bikes were almost frozen and no bike agreed to start and riders were frustrated... while I got out side after putting all gears.. I just put the ky in and pushed self,,, and bike started.... You cannot imagine the faces of all the riders and I danced for like half a minute and we all ahd a good laugh when japs and BMw did nto want to start... we had to push started thm finally...

From that moment on.. you bet the bike has a Repo now.... they know bike has juice..

neverthless the chinese bikes which come here as well are really really bad quality and are use and throw type but yes dirt cheap.. you can buy a chinese 70cc (honda copy) for as low as 90~100$ ,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay In Milpitas View Post
Very good that you made it home. Maybe sprocket was not genuine Chinese, maybe counterfeit from Lesotho?
Not sure if it was lesotho but it sure was 3rd class qaulity which lasted only one season... if it was orignal zongshen I am sure it never would have happened...

- Adventure Touring# RX3 - 2017
- Dirt Machine# FSE-450 - 2022
- Classic# Honda CD175 - 1977
- Daily Runner# 1992 - CG125 (engine swap CB250 Sleeper)
- Project#1 : 1995 - Honda C70 w/ 180cc engine swap