View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 12:35 AM   #39

The Rhino has landed

Done and home all in one piece last night, so I grabbed a pic today (photographic evidence - ask Swampy). In such a hurry to get it loaded up, I left a bunch of stuff including my two front wheel castle nut caps, as you can see. Couldn't seem to get the very edge bolt holes to line up on the foot rests, so those are still out at this time. I guess I could drill some more room out, but they're not going anywhere! We found the issue with the left front wheel was just that the brake was slightly skew, not quite seated straight... wheeew....

I think I might end up being thankful that Darth advised me to hold off on the sprocket mod until after riding. It feels good for around here, and with the little demand we'll put on it, it might offer more flexibility to just do more in first, being higher geared. I'll know for sure when we get the trailer and start pulling firewood. Sounds like Paul2 is putting way more on it (as far as hard rides / climbing) than I ever will and rolling with stock gears.

I might want that carb upgrade if it's always going to be sooooo cold blooded starting! Maybe just not used to it, proper choke etc. Does it get better with break in?
Attached Images

Last edited by uphill; 10-31-2017 at 04:44 AM.