View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post
Thanks OUTERLIMITS for your reply! Would you happen to know if Zongshen makes the motor for the Hawk 250's? I believe that I read that a manufacturer named Haosen manufacturers the hawk 250, and that the motor is based on a Honda motor. I also hear that the Honda NXR 150 is very similar (and looks very much like it also) to this bike and was wondering if the Hawk 250 was actually made in the same facility as this Honda that is made in China. That would be nice to confirm.

Thanks!
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to that, but am sure someone here does. To me, the Hawk, Enforcer, Broz and a few others seem to be almost a carbon copy of the NXR. But when I look at pictures of the NXR150 compared to the Hawk, there are some things that look a little different. On the left engine case, the NXR looks a little different than the Hawk near where the starter is. On the right side, the Hawk seems to have a window to inspect oil level where the NXR does not. The front brakes look a bit different, the NXR has dual piston. The Hawk has a disc on the rear where the NXR is a drum. The plastics are close, but you can tell a little difference around the tank shroud.

My guess is that Haosen actually is the manufacturer of the bike, but perhaps with licensing to use the Honda engine design. I'd be willing to bet a boatload of parts will swap over between the two models though. If I owned a Hawk, one of the first things I would be doing would be to try and see if the Honda swing arm bushings/bearings would work on the Hawk.