View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #178

Back home tomorrow afternoon to cooler and less humid weather. Yay!

The dog and pony show wasn't too painful, although I did manage to make myself scarce during the mutual butt kissing between Al and the head of the local C of C. Jason told me that while Al was speaking to the gathering of hangers on, Harold just kept muttering BULLSHIT under his breath. Can't say the same about the rest of the day.

Earlier in the day, Harold told me that Marlene was starting to go through resumes' of potential Technical Staff. He also alluded that that may be the straw that breaks the camels back, because he's the Technical Support Manager, not her. I also just learned that Harold sold his farm in MN for seven figures, so he really has no reason to be loyal any longer.

Add to this, Jason let Harold and I know that his wife is done with SC and will be back in IL by December. She claimed it was the poor schools, but Harold offered to see about footing the bill for a private school and she said "NO". So, there was another reason. Jason just found out today that his wife reapplied for her old job back home and got it. Jason is stuck here until early April because the company paid his expenses to move here. If he goes back to IL before then, he forfeits the bonus the company gave him and has to pay it back. In all honesty, the company may cut him loose in April, anyway, just like they will do to Heidi.

Wondering if I should start to worry.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts