View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Rossw, I can buy the Apollo 250 shipped for around 1600. I can buy a 2002-2006 honda crf250 for around 2400-3000. If you where going to buy a bike knowing and having experienced the Chinese bikes, would you spend the extra cash for the used bike, or buy the New Chinese bike?

I have been able to talk to couple dealers about the parts, and the impression I have been given sounds like what you said earlier.
I will answer with sharing my experience... I just bought 2 CRF230F's for about $2300 each. One is a 2004 and one is a 2007. The Chonda's will be up for sale once I get one of them running 100% again.

In hindsight, it would have been cheaper for me to buy the CRF's a year ago but I did not know I would love riding as much as I do and I that I would find the missed time on the trails looking for parts so frustrating. My son and I are totally addicted to riding... I now understand the saying "Live to ride, and ride to live!" ;-)

I just replaced both sprockets and chain on one of the CRFs yesterday. Took me 1 hour to decided and order the parts, 2 days for the parts to arrive, and 4 hours to swap. When I was looking to make similar changes on my Chonda I spent hours upon hours trying to find compatible parts, emailing manufacturer's, etc. Ended up ordering from several different companies, ranging from US, Europe, and China and waiting for them to arrive.

I don't want to end on a negative note, so I will repeat the bikes were solid and NEVER let me down. I never hit a trail, hill, or rock pile I could not climb.

Last edited by rossw; 08-29-2017 at 01:08 PM. Reason: fixed some typos and grammar