View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
I don't think this motor is much different than the CSC version, other than the tuning can be on the rich side because it doesn't meet CARB regs. The 31 hp on Pitsters spec sheet is probably innacurate; my hunch is the 27.5 hp figure is right.

The seat pan appears to be identical to the KTM. Seat Concepts has done me a good job on past seats, but I decided to use the information on this guys website to roll my own: http://diymotorcycleseat.com/

The new seat is about 2" lower and has sit bone relief and a "Purple" sample pad for a tailbone relief. My shaping skills suck, so I haven't posted anything about it. It looks a little lumpy, but it seems to work. I'll take a few pics of the LXR fully loaded for our 10 days of goat trails trip. We leave next week, so it's been a hectic week!!

There is a TM Designworks skidplate on it's way from MA that I sincerely hope gets here before we leave. The part # is KTMC-250-BK and fitment is still up in the air.
Really interested in seeing how the bike works out for you on a long trip like that. I've ridden 4 day trips in Baja before and although the bike has always been flawless, my body is kinda "done" at that point....lots of single track as well. Good on you for tackling that ride