View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTERLIMITS View Post
Very cool, I had not looked through TaoBao before. It also looks like AJP uses the same engine in their PR5, but also the Delphi EFI rather than the Kayo. This must be a pretty solid engine if it's also used by AJP and CSC as well. I think there are guys here getting 15-25k miles on the CSC RX3 engine, but I believe it is a little detuned comparatively to the Pitster LXR. Something else that crossed my mind was that if the frame is a KTM copy and that you have been able to bolt up an Acerbis tank for a KTM, there might be different seat foam or seat kits that fit from places like Seat Concepts/Guts/Enduro Engineering etc.
I don't think this motor is much different than the CSC version, other than the tuning can be on the rich side because it doesn't meet CARB regs. The 31 hp on Pitsters spec sheet is probably innacurate; my hunch is the 27.5 hp figure is right.

The seat pan appears to be identical to the KTM. Seat Concepts has done me a good job on past seats, but I decided to use the information on this guys website to roll my own: http://diymotorcycleseat.com/

The new seat is about 2" lower and has sit bone relief and a "Purple" sample pad for a tailbone relief. My shaping skills suck, so I haven't posted anything about it. It looks a little lumpy, but it seems to work. I'll take a few pics of the LXR fully loaded for our 10 days of goat trails trip. We leave next week, so it's been a hectic week!!

There is a TM Designworks skidplate on it's way from MA that I sincerely hope gets here before we leave. The part # is KTMC-250-BK and fitment is still up in the air.