View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
I ordered a batch of stuff from TaoBao; I found Kayo's web store on TaoBao and ordered quite a few things including a new piston, cylinder and head; spare clutch, fuel pump, O2 sensor, mud guard, and some other misc stuff. Pretty much covered for a few years.

Pitster seems to be stocking alot of the parts. I walked in a few weeks ago and got a new front brake lever and a shifter for reasonable $. The parts guys were enthusiastic about this bike and said that they planned to increase inventory for it.
Very cool, I had not looked through TaoBao before. It also looks like AJP uses the same engine in their PR5, but also the Delphi EFI rather than the Kayo. This must be a pretty solid engine if it's also used by AJP and CSC as well. I think there are guys here getting 15-25k miles on the CSC RX3 engine, but I believe it is a little detuned comparatively to the Pitster LXR. Something else that crossed my mind was that if the frame is a KTM copy and that you have been able to bolt up an Acerbis tank for a KTM, there might be different seat foam or seat kits that fit from places like Seat Concepts/Guts/Enduro Engineering etc.