View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwildman View Post
I read that post and think of it often when im sliding up the seat toward the tank, or abusing the clutch to get the front wheel up for a log or rock face.

Many trials bikes have the pegs behind the hinge point of the swing arm forcing the use of linkage on the shifter...Makes them proned to wheelying.

B.T.W. Thanks for the tip.. I watched all the build videos on Britannia Motorcycles youtube channel and found them very informative.
Yes, Michael Waller explains the why of everything he does. A great teacher. He taught me how to bronze weld, from this series. I already knew how to braze, but bronze welding is a different kettle of fish. Having the footrests back allows you to control wheelies by where you place your weight when giving it throttle. More weight on the handlebars = less anxious to wheelie. Less body weight on the handlebars lets the front wheel come up. When crossing a bigger log, have your weight back to get it on top of the log, then move your weight onto the handlebars, and roll off the throttle a little bit, to let the rear wheel climb the log. Easier to do than explain...ARH