View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Wigwam from what I understand from registering my Bashan shark here in Michigan as long as it has lights mirrors and turn signals you can put it on the road. Now my insurance company was a bit more picky in needed it to have motorcycle on the mso and the words dirt bike no where to be seen.
Thanks, that is helpful! I have seen at least one other person who stated (in September 2016, I believe) that they had successfully registered a Hawk in MI.

If I seem overly cautious, it is because I have seen some other things around here that give me pause. At least one fellow was selling a Hawk on CL in Northern MI and it did not have plates on it. I asked him if he had a title and he said "I'm told you can get one." Since he had had the bike for a couple years...it makes me think he tried and could not register it and was trying to sell it on. Another fellow I have been trying to reach is not replying to my emails or phone call voice mail message - he's selling a Hawk and it also has no plate on it in the listing and I was asking him the same thing - have a title? No reply. Makes me worry, you know?

I'm too old to buy an expensive paperweight, and I do not have a farm where I can go buzzing around offroad without plates. For me, no title means no plates which means no ride, which means I would be quite upset. And yeah, I know about Vermont, etc, etc. Like I said, I'm old and I'm not in the mood to play games. If I can't stroll into SOS and get a title, I'm not playing. Let the young guys take those kinds of risks!