View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:07 AM   #15

I had a Moto Guzzi V-1000 Convert and a few bike parts shipped most of the way cross country for under $500, door to door residential service. I shipped my Ducati 999s to Main, door to door and I believe it was also under $500 but the buyer set it up. I did the Moto Guzzi through a site where people bid for moving stuff, I think it was U-ship but not sure, and the driver told me that if the seller hadn't lived in the middle of nowhere it woulda been cheaper. The driver was great and took extra good care of the bike. The seller had attached the Windjammer fairing haphazardly and it came loose on the road, the driver removed it, wrapped it in a moving blanket, and put it in his truck.

On the flipside I had a truck & boat moved from So. Fl. to me in So. Cal. and they did a bunch of damage and tried to get out of it. It was over $4k COD and they got nothing which evened out for the damages. NEVER sign a bill of lading as 'ok' without noting damages if there are any. He refused to allow damage notations and loaded it back up stating it was going to go to storage but wouldn't tell me where. Luckily he left the trailer hitched to the truck and I had a spare key so I drove it off his rig and into my driveway; boy was he shocked.