Thread: Lifan usa
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #12

I reached out to American Lifan and they gave me the contact info for their guy Wes who is handling the dealers (or so it seems). I told him my location (Virginia Beach) and he said the closet dealer to me is in Pompano Beach, Fla. He gave me the guys store name & name (Scooter Ave., Marcio) and told me he would pass my number along to him and he will call me soon. I asked him how much were they selling the KP MINI 150 for and he said $2900! Fast forward 10 days later, one follow up call from Wes (when I told him I had not heard from Marcio yet). Then 2 days later I receive a call from Marcio who said he was out of the country but is now back. Said he had the 150 in stock but when I asked what colors are available he wasn't sure. He said the bike will be $2200 shipped to my door, with the MCO being shipped overnight. Googled the location and the reviews of the store were less than stellar FWIW
I was hoping American Lifan would set up a reliable dealer network that would support their products stateside. So far it appears they're using independent scooter shops, so customer service and built quality could vary greatly. Hopefully this doesn't hurt the return of Lifan to the States.