View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #3

Speaking of the Deuce...I might as well just keep this thread open for the new arrival. Which I gotta wait till it is inspected till it comes home. But for now here are a couple pics of it from the day i started the initial purchase process. Along with a pic of me on the bike.

Like i said in the "What did you buy" thread the windshield is most likely coming off. But i will experiment with it on and off first before making that change. Now as for more info on it...

2001 Harley Davidson Softail "Deuce" (FXSTD in HD nomenclature)

62xxx kms
Stage one upgrades (Pipes, Filter and Carb tuning)
Fully serviced and ready to go by the dealership when it was traded in.
Previously female owned which explains a lot of the appearance upgrades. A lot of the polished and plated parts being replaced by actual chrome replacements. It also explains the shifter being set up as high as it was. I figure the previous owner must have worn boots with heels on them...about the only way i can figure why the shifter was as high as it was.

Planned changes:

Removal of windshield...two reasons for this..one the mounting hardware is rusted a bit..and secondly i feel unstable with it on. I rode this bike back to back with a new Street 750. And the one thing i noticed once i got on the highway with the Street with the wind hitting me directly it felt like less of a fight with the controls. The Windshield on the Deuce seems to induce turbulence or break up the stream of air enough that when it clears the shield it hits me and thus causes me to have to correct for it. If it was a wider touring shield like what is on the Softail classic i don't think this problem would exist as i did not notice it when i rode a '10 Softail Classic last fall.

Changing out the derby cover and a possibly air cleaner cover for ones from the "Dark Custom" line up. This is mostly just a cosmetic change and the start of personalizing the bike for myself.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)