View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I wouldn't bother doing it ,but you will need a new crank ,the cases will need to be machined ,chances are the bushings in the cases will need to be replaced with bearings ,the cylinder ,piston ,bigger valves or a new head ,depending on who the actual manufacturer is of the original engine and how cheap it was built ,starter shafts and gears are stronger as well ,it would be fun to do but the reality is it doesn't make financial sense when you can buy a properly built engine complete for less than the price of the parts .I guess a carb,and exhaust would have to be added as well .
Seems like a lot of work, not worth it. I have not driven a shifting bike smaller than 150cc, the smallest bike I have driven is my 125cc GY6 scooter, do you know how big of a difference the 150cc is from a 90cc speed wise and climbing hills? I didn't notice a huge difference going from a 150cc CB clone to a 250cc dual sport, both peak at 90km/h, the dual sport has taller gears, so it performs a bit better climbing hills as expected, but not a huge difference.