View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #9

Yeah, I understand your concern. After seeing my exhaust fall off, and having to deal with all the other nuances of a Chinese bike, I ask myself quite often if it's worth it and tbh I don't regret my purchase. From the glimpses of my bike I keep posting, I'm sure you can tell I have about $900 wrapped up in aftermarket mods, and yet my bike is still way cheaper than a used Grom. Once you get the bike figured out, it becomes extremely easy to find fixes to future breakdowns.

To answer your question: yes, from what I've seen all the other welds look pretty good. I honestly think mine broke from all the force from stoppies I've been doing. I blame myself for the exhaust breaking. This is the first case we've seen of a weld failing on the bike, but most people on these forums are running low mount exhaust so they are using different points on the bike to mount theirs.

I think the cause of the exhaust breaking is that one of the welds is bad, and the 2nd one broke because it had all the extra weight on it.

@PhildoScaggins, you mentioned one of your bolts came out, I'm guessing you mean that the farthest rear bolt came loose, and your exhaust weld ripped off on the can like mine did (2nd picture I posted). If that's the case, an aftermarket exhaust, or reinforcing the weld (if possible) would be a fairly easy fix to anybody who's concerned about this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOXtreme View Post
Interesting. Makes me a little nervous actually. I'm debating a vader myself. The rest of the frame / welds seem pretty good?