View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 05:54 AM   #1

Well, I simply must chime in again at this point! My warranty claim was turned down by this same dealership. I was dealing with a QLink bike and not the American Lifan but I feel this dealership did nothing to help me with the situation. They basically said to my face, "that I must have wrecked the bike before I brought it in to them." I barely rode the bike and certainly did not wreck it. The frame was bent, when I got it, the bike was leaking oil and the battery cable was broken. They fixed the cable and did nothing else. The bike has been sitting in my garage since the day I brought it home after it sat in their shop for 8 weeks. Actually, I think they wrecked the bike while they had it. When I got it back the handlebars were bent and the electric starter would not start the bike anymore. It was also scratched up. When I told them the bars weren't bent and the body was scratched when I brought it in to them. They shrugged their shoulders and said, "that's the way it was when we got it!" I'll never forget it! I thought what a bunch of liars!

Honestly, my QLink's warranty wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. I have only had my bike since August 26, 2007. Technically the warranty was good for 1 year. I have no recourse with this! Unless you contact American Lifan and report the problem and what the dealership is doing to you, the dealership will do it for you and make something up to cover themselves. At this point be very careful. Take pictures of the bike and document what has happened.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II