View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #26

I did not ask them to change the sprocket size. They did that on their own accord. Originally I wanted to go with a smaller sprocket to lower the rpm's of the motor and was planning to order a 42 from EJCycles. I think they were just sort of doing the minimal intrusion approach. And maybe trying to pacify me. I'm really not sure they even took my situation seriously. But, who can say what motivates people? I sure the heck can't.

I do like the pull of the lower gearing but if I had a choice in the matter I'd revert back to the stock or even go to the 42. (which I intend to do once this vibration thing is sorted out)

Its funny that first ride after not having the bike felt good because I noticed the added pick-up (i had already noticed a moderate increase just making the change to a cone air filter) but after the bike warmed the vibration kicked in and I knew there was gonna be a problem. I keep wanting to give everyone and everything the benefit of the doubt but it keeps coming back to haunt me.

If it turns out to be a bolt, I will let them know so they can keep that in mind if someone has a similar problem in the future.

I just don't think its a bolt because I've tried tightening all the motor bolts and they all feel solid. I guess I will have to remove them one by one as was suggested and check them all but damn man...that sux.

I don't want to complain to the dealer again until I know for sure 100% that all of the engine bolts are solid. Then I guess its a give it to them and it will be a sit around and wait game. All the while, my warranty is ticking away.

Maybe I should call AL and just be blunt about the situation and say hey, I bought from an authorized dealer, I bought a counterbalanced bike, my bike does not feel safe at this point, what are you going to do about it?

To me the vibe from a particular individual at the dealership is "its a chinese bike, what do you expect", but the dang thing is not right, its under warranty and it should be fixed.

GRRRR

And I have to agree (sorry AL if you are reading this but this is the God's honest truth), if you are going to corner the market on the Lifan's and force people to buy from your authorized dealers then you should be fair about honoring the warranty. Especially if you claim that other Lifan's are inferior.

For what I paid for this bike, I may have been able to get another brand china bike and a spare engine. would have...could have...should have.

enough of my whining..but you guys did encourage me to keep posting. so I will.

tomorrow I will update with info regarding bolt situation.