View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #4

after my ride tonight TC I am so jacked I am ready to torch the thing and be done with it. I posted the problem on AL forum, but who knows what will happen. I am trying not to be a total jerk, but dang man..this sux. Tomorrow I am going to do exactly what you said, take each bolt out all the way and examine it. Irritates me to have to do that with the bike still under a warranty and I don't want to harass the dealership as it is really not their fault that there is a defect in either materials or factory workmanship. Besides, they are trying to make a living just like the rest of us. If I had another way to get my butt around, I'd just part it out and call it quits, but I bought the bike as a form of inexpensive transportation, not really as a toy.

tomorrow morning I will go out do as you suggest. If I find a faulty bolt I will apologize for believing it is a transmission issue and get myself another bolt. Also, if it turns out to be something as simple as a bolt I'll make sure to return to any vibration posts I've made and state clearly that the bolt was the issue. BUT if all of the bolts are solid I am going to make sure to clearly state that as well. One good thing is that this website is actually a wonderful documentation of my problem. you can see from my posts when the problem started...how it was intermittent...what was done to attempt to correct it and how it has progressed and the final outcome.

Man I hope you are right.