View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #11

Nope, clearly not the enricher. Started it up when I got home from work, let it idle to warm up (Since it doesn't have a choke), seemed to idle steady and on the center stand it would rev and idle down nicely when I applied the rear brake, which is the closest I can come to replicating riding it.

So I geared up hopped off the center stand.... and didn't even make it to the end of the driveway.

So to recap:
Idles fine on the center stand before riding.
After short burst of sustained throttle the idle drops to zero or will recover with a blip of the throttle and holding it at 3K.
If I crank the idle up 3-3.5K it will sometimes recover and wander from 1k-3.5k.

What I've done:
Verified that the valves are within spec.
Replaced factory plug with NGK Iridium.
Checked integrity of vacuum and fuel lines.
Tighted up intake clamps and manifold bolts.
Disconnected Enricher.

So it seems like I'm left with my original suspicion of a bad carb, but I"m open to suggestions as to where to look before replacing the carb. I'm sure these bikes cna be great once you get the bugs worked out, but I'm really kind of wishing I'd just bit the bullet last year and bought a Jap bike. I'm sure I'll feel differently once I get it sorted out. The ultimate capper, for lulz, I looked at powersportsmax and the scooter had a 1 month warranty from date of delivery, Too bad they couldn't get me a MSO to make it road legal until a month after I got it, kind of hard to have a warranty issue come up if it can't be ridden legally!