View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Big shots at the place today. Vice Chairman, CFO, a Veep, all from France, and the new Plant Superintendent for SC. The CFO, Veep, and the new Plant Super I wouldn't know if I met them on the street. The Vice Chairman and I go back twenty years.

It was kind of nice to have Dan, the Vice Chair, tap me on the shoulder and say "Hi, howzitgoin"., without the GM hovering in the background. We had a nice BS session about everything but work. When work finally did come up, he asked that I consider staying on past 65 because of my experience. Said I'd let him know in four years.

Had a little one on one with the new super after that. Seems like a nice enough guy, but then I won't be working for him. Might take him for Mexican tomorrow. I do see fireworks between him and my boss, though.

The CFO and the Veep(the former CFO) are going through the books with a fine toothed comb, so I'm steering clear of the both of them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~