View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #2

Alright, so I think I found the problem, I pulled off the seat and the front plastic, and started off checking that the grounds were secure, Check. Then I went over the vaccuum and fuel lines, and noticed a bit of dampness on the vaccuum petcock. At first I though it was water, since I have a couple of huge puddles in my gravel drive, and thought it might be some splash from the back tire. but I sniffed it, and sure enough it was gas. The input hose clamp had worked loose, and the hose had wiggled back a bit and was leaking a bit. I re secured it, and and tried to start it still wouldn't hold and idle but after holding it at 2500-3000 for a couple of minutes it smoothed out. I readjusted the idle and took it for a quick spin around the block about a half mile with a few stop signs, and had no problems.

I still have a NGK iridium plug en route as well as some offset feeler gauges and will change the plug and check the valves for good measure. But if any one else come across a similar problem check those lines, it just might be the problem. Rage-fit officially over