View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #1

Angry Another Bad Carb?

Really starting to get fed up with these chinese bikes. Yesterday, since the rain finally stopped, I ended up taking a few rides on the Lancer, and it was running pretty nice. All told I put around 30 miles on yesterday. Had a long day at work today, and wanted to take her out for a spin and blow the cobwebs out of my head, and now the damn thing won't idle if I hold the throttle and keep her at 3k she'll run indefinitely. but as soon as I let off the throttle, stopped or in motion, she drops down and stalls out.

I went through and am still going through this crap with my Blaze, and I'm still waiting for some pilot jets to come on the slow boat to see if I can get that one to idle with the new carb. The only thing different is I picked up some gas for my daughter's Coolster, and topped of the scooter as well, but I only put 1/4 of a tank in if that. and the coolster is running fine. I really out to be able to get more then 25-30 miles out of a stock carb. (The Bashan had 25 miles on it when it stopped idling).

I don't mind having to turn some wrenches on my stuff, I don't mind fit and finish issues, but really, between the Tao Tao and the Bashan, I'm over 2k into this with a total of 55 mile of riding time.

Any ideas, I'm going to pull off the plastics an try to get access to the valves, and pick up a new plug. But if this thing needs a freaking carb, I'm probably going to push it off a cliff.