View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #121

I have about 300 miles on my LXR250f now and it seems to be pretty solid. I put a 15t front sprocket on it (JTF 432.15SC) for better top end, and configured a bracket for a side mounted aully park 1.3 gallon tank. I wasn't sure what KTM oversized tank would work best. Like I previously said, my valves were pretty snug right away. I adjusted them to .08mm like it was suggested for the RX3 and the bike runs much better now. It was stalling on deceleration, backfiring, and having an inconsistent idle. I wanted to used the bike more like a poor man's WR250r so I put Shinko 700s on it. Once the bike is broke in a little more I think I might use the RX3 oil filter w/ spring to try and help with the engine's longevity.

I also got tempted by the Hawk 250 bug last spring and have had one for over one year now. It is a solid cheap bike after you spend about $500 to get it set up right (carb. With proper jets, chain, sprockets, exhaust, mjstef cluster, etc). As far as quality goes it is nowhere near the LXR. I bought the LXR for $3000 during a sale, and am in almost $2000 on the Hawk.