View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs91882 View Post
Beautiful bike!! I have been checking these out a lot lately on top of a few other bikes. Anyone know the mileage for the valve adjustment? Are you thinking it's similar to the RX3? Anyway I could throw passenger pegs on this? Just thinking about the gf. Looks like a great price for a very good quality bike. The valves look like they are going to be pretty tough to get to huh? Any other advice would be great so I know if I should purchase it 😀
I'm just going to follow a maintenance schedule similar to the RX3 for the first few thousand, then go to checking the valves at least once a year. (Being primarily a dirt bike I doubt I will put anywhere near the miles on that the typical RX3 guy will) Once the fuel tank and seat are off the valves are'nt too bad; removing the horn is about all that is extra to do. Much easier than most bikes I have owned.

Not sure how passenger pegs could be thrown on. The rear subframe is made of steel, so it might be possible to weld or bolt some kind of footpeg extensions on, but I would just make her get her own bike. Might be worth starting a seperate thread on adding the passenger footpegs.
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250