View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarote9025 View Post
Yeah I definitely changed the oil and the brake fluid before I ever started it up idle hovers between 1500-1600 once warmed up and as long as the choke off position is with the lever facing up it's off after warm up I crank it and smoke a cigarette before I hop on it to give it time I'm thinking it might be a jet issue also but the plug is on the richer side when I check it maybe the idle jet and the bowl is running out of fuel? Also would a 120 be to much with stock exhaust/ air filter
What you're experiencing is what most everyone does on these "out of box" and it's just all the usual fixes.

Break it in first. It will change its attitude. Don't push it too hard until it's got about 500 miles on it, then change the oil again.

The carbs on these come dreadfully lean, which is probably causing your high RPM condition. The carbs are usually sealed up with break-off screws. Most people switch to the Mikuni VM 26 because it's a good carb, cheap and a wide variety of jetting is readily available.

Swap the spark plug to an NGK if you wish. Exhaust is a personal preference. My neighbors TT250 runs great with the stock exhaust.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350