View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
On your routing, Not sure it make a lot of difference on a bike but on cars, Trucks, Heavy equipment and hydraulic systems the hot (out) line always goes to the top as heat rises and if it went into the bottom the cooler/radiator efficiency is compromised. Just food for thought..........
That's the way it should be, but without the check valve the oil will drain back into the block. I haven't checked it today, but when I get home this afternoon I'll see if it drained back or not. If it did then I'll get a check valve. Another reason for feeding it from the bottom is so it doesn't get air bound. Feeding from the bottom will force the air out the top. If feed from the top and air is trapped at the top and the cooler will never completely fill with oil. Mounted horizontally with the connections on top is the ideal way it should be mounded. I had it mounded that way and put a 1" plastic spacer on the fender to lower it. The fender cleared the cooler but I didn't like the idea of the fender blocking the air flow across the cooler. The crimped end look nice but one end on each line should be left uncrimped so you can custom fit the lines. I was planning on buying a cooler from you but I wanted to get one before this weekend coming. We had planned on going on a off road trip over the weekend but looks like that may change due to rain.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 05-11-2017 at 09:48 AM.