Thread: Howdy, Y'all
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #2

I can't shoot a stick and a string. Oh, I've tried, but my left eye dominance problem seems to hurt me, and besides, I'm a firearms kinda guy. I've got a CCW permit, hunted all my life, ducks to deer. I grew up as a rifleman. Learned to shoot left handed at an early age, but can't coordinate left handed with a bow. When I wanna add some challenge, I'll take one of my handguns to the deer stand. When I wanna go primitive, I'll shoot my Hawkin 50. Managed to get into bowfishing briefly, an instinctive shooting kinda thing, no real aiming. But, I wasn't even all that good at that! Don't care much for gar meat, either.

Haven't tried any hunting BBSs. I do go to a couple of firearms BBSs. I used to really wanna get into bow hunting and I tried and tried to learn to shoot one, but it's just a worthless effort. Never had one of those fancy ones with the pulleys and laser sights, might could do that. But, when you hunt a feeder on 10 acres, tracking an animal is not desirable and I mean if I'm gonna use a laser, might as well use gun powder.

Oh, well, I miss out on a lot of hunting season here by not bow hunting, but such is life. Stupid hot down here and lots of skeeters in September anyway. And, stupid to sit out in those skeeters when I know I can't hit anything.