Thread: Ssr xf250
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekon2s View Post
Hey guys,

I've been following on this forum for probably a month now. I decided to get an SSR XF250 from a dealership about 3 hours away and had them deliver. Its a 2016, brand new, but it has the street tires on it. I have barely ridden it yet because we've been having the normal Kansas spring weather, so it's been raining a lot. I'm looking to put tires dual sport tires on it, probably Kenda 270s. I've been searching for specific parts for upgrades and stuff on it, but haven't found a ton. I know the stuff is out there, it's just a matter of figuring out what fits. I'll probably buy an RPS Hawk next, unless that Tekken ever comes out..
That's a beautiful SSR XF250! Welcome to China Riders and I'm glad you joined us! :-)

I think you're really going to like the SSR (QingQi) product. They are of a very high quality in fit and finish and have modern engineering.

The supermoto version, as you have with the street tires, is very reminiscent of the Qlink XF200. It was a very popular motorcycle here at one time and was actually raced by one of our members with very impressive results against the Japanese brands. Also, the supermoto version has a 17" both front and rear, where the dual sport version of the XF250 has a 17" rear and 18" front.
I have the Shinko 700's on my Qlink now and really like them as a dual sport tire. Very sure-footed on gravel roads and comfortable on the street, as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Shinko-Dual-S...ko+700+5.10-17

Regarding mods, you don't have to do much to the QingQi product other than proper jetting for your altitude and maybe an aftermarket muffler but that's not a must. The real Mikuni CV carb is a nice unit and works very well. No need to switch carbs for an aftermarket. The air boxes breathe quite well, support the carb and it has a very well-designed stock filter, but I still drilled a bunch of 1/2" holes in the top of my Qlink air box to open it up a little.

I look forward to your review and riding esperiences on your new XF250 and again, thank you for joining us. It's refreshing to see another QingQi product in a Sea of Hondoids! ;-)

Are you able to register a Hawk in Kansas? I haven't been keeping track of that here.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350