View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC View Post
Hi 2LZ,

Thanks for the detailed write up on this! Is there any chance you could share some additional info about the purchase of your pipe? The amazon link is busted, and I've done a fair amount of searching for the same one or similar, but haven't definitely found it yet. I'd be happy with just dropping 5 lbs and getting a smaller profile, any performance/sound benefits are just bonus in my eyes.

Oh, and on the later topic of the RX3 being extra noisy due to the pannier box, I replaced my boxes with removable soft bags last year and haven't noticed a difference even with the bags off. However I think there may have been a little less vibration noise coming from the hollow empty boxes.
Hi RC and thank you for your interest. Here's a link to the same basic muffler that I just mounted on my Qlink. There's a number of this type of muffler available on Amazon last I checked.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't say, even after drilling out the baffle, that there's any nopticable performance difference. I THINK I have a little more grunt under 5k rpms. I've got great results changing exhaust on all my CB's, but not the RX3. I feel it has to do with injector and ECU mapping.

The sound is a little louder but nothing out of the ordinary.
Truth be told, I'm going to run my RX3 against my wife's RX3 and if there's no real difference, I'll probably end up acquiring a stock exhaust somewhere. We'll see......

Member rtking acquired great results, dyno proven, on his RX3. He had a muffler shop make a mid pipe for his Akrapovic muffler. Plus, he's done some additional gearing and breather work, I believe.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350