View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Spud, do you have ethanol gas up there? I know it's hard on rubber parts but it can also cause engine damage by increasing exhaust temps.....which would directly effect the valves.

Odd thing is my intakes never needs adjusting, just the exhausts. Of course, I don't put on the miles you do.
Yes, we have 10% ethanol fuel up here. I think there is one gas station in town that sells fuel without ethanol. I frequently ride in the mountains around a resort town about 30 miles from here. A convenience market there recently added two fuel pumps dispensing non-ethanol fuel. I was there one day when a middle-aged gentleman from Utah came inside the store and asked what was special about non-ethanol fuel. Apparently he never saw non-ethanol fuel offered for sale anywhere in the Salt Lake, greater metropolitan area.

Your two RX3 motorcycle came on the first shipment from China, just like mine. It's interesting that your intake valves have stabilized, but your exhaust valves have not, while my experience was just the opposite. I'm tempted to experiment with one of the fuel additives, especially the Lucas UCL (Upper Cylinder Lubricant), but I also want to see if the valve lash will stabilize in the new cylinder head without using a fuel additive.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894