View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
I hope it is an isolated case, too.

While out riding today, I was thinking that most recreational RX3 riders, more than likely, ride 10,000 miles a year or less.

By the time they get to Spud's mileage, the bike will be out of warranty...

jb
I am truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

In case anyone wonders, I do not work for CSC Motorcycles. I paid the same price as everyone else for my RX3 motorcycle, and I have never received any monetary compensation from CSC. I am merely a fan of Zongshen motorcycles, since I own a ZS200GY-2 with almost 80,000 miles on the odometer, and a ZS250GY-3 with over 25,000 miles on the odometer. I bought my first Zongshen motorcycle in 2008, long before CSC became the dealer for these motorcycles in North America.

I certainly don't want to harm CSC motorcycles. Quite to the contrary, I wish for them to succeed. CSC Motorcycles is an honest business which provides excellent customer service. Indeed, I was somewhat reluctant to post this thread. However, I believe very few riders in North America have logged as many miles on an RX3 motorcycle as I. Therefore, I felt a moral obligation to report this problem.

I posted this thread as a friendly warning for others to be watchful for this problem. I don't have a crystal ball. Therefore, I don't know if anyone else is going to encounter this problem. It is impossible to manufacture every vehicle perfectly. Many excellent vehicles from many different manufacturers, both foreign and domestic, have occasional mechanical problems. Only time will tell whether this particular problem with this particular vehicle is rare, or not.

The Zongshen RX3 is not the only motorcycle with this engine. The NC250 (ZS177MM) engine is installed in a number of different street bikes and dirt bikes sold by Zongshen and other manufacturers. Surely many Chinese owners of the RX3 motorcyle have logged more miles than I. Nevertheless, I haven't heard of this problem occurring before. Perhaps this problem has occurred previously, but I am unaware of it, personally.

If the NC250 engine has problems, I'm confident these problems will be resolved by Zongshen, and honestly covered under warranty by CSC Motorcycles. Therefore, if anyone suspects he is having this problem, I strongly encourage him to to take advantage of the excellent warranty coverage offered by CSC.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894