View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #69

Grin "You can't do that"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
On my bike I have the progressive 465 shock, 19" front wheel and Shinko 804/805 tires and measuring the bike from ground to the lowest point on the saddle is now 32.5". Stock is supposed to be 30.9.

Also, as mentioned, the hing mount for the center stand is over an inch lower than when the upgraded skid mount is. I've had a couple of issues where I went over something that contacted the skid plate and then as I slid over it came to a sudden stop due to hitting the hinge mounts. Those instances occurred in seriously technical singletrack that is beyond what most people would ride the RX3 in.

I've contemplated having something built to mount to the aftermarket skid plate that ramps up to the height of the hinge so maybe it will slide up on it and over without the sharp edge that stopped me.

EDIT: I'm 5'7" but fairly long legged. I can tippy toe both feet down at this height. When it was stock I could flat feet both of them.
Wow, pushing the limits

I was thinking about some kind of quick release for that center stand but of course you would lose the benefit of the stand out in the bush where it would likely be needed in the first place. That may be a good idea for the hinges . Expected when exceeding the limits of this bike
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~