View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl6935 View Post
Your problem sounds like it could be either the clutch plate tabs are too small for the basket or the springs aren't compressing hard enough.

Do you have any issues with the clutch slipping? I'd pull the side case off to see what's going on. Better to find out at home then on the road.

73mpg is great!

The bike I just got arrived in great shape with the exception of a smashed catalytic converter guard which I straightened out with a body hammer and repainted. The fuel gauge didn't work, so I pulled the sending unit out and recalibrated it. I also found a few wires in the harness in the wrong spot on connector.

These bikes are definitely inconsistent. Quality control is subpar to say the least.
I dont mind working on these bikes though, it's half the fun ... for me anyway. The last one I had ran great. No noises, nothing.

I just hope the dealer backs up the warranty on the bike. Even if they just send me the parts, I'll do it myself.

No slippage at all... but no matter how I adjust it, it's almost completely let out before it starts to grab. like the last inch of letting out the clutch.

Other than that, it runs smooth and rides great.
I don't do good with rattles, I think this is going to drive me nuts !!

I hope the warranty thing works out for you.
Mine is only 90 days, so I hope if something goes wrong it happens pretty quick !! lol