View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #5316

Mine shipped last week . . . and the shipping company has been playing games with me.

I had an appointment for it to be delivered yesterday between 8am and 3pm (really narrowed that window down for me, huh?). Around 1pm, I still hadn't heard anything and I gave them a call. The lady on the other end seemed a bit frazzled, telling me about people calling in and not doing their jobs, etc . . .
She was finally able to convey that my bike hadn't even made it to the local contractor that would deliver it to my door from the cross-country carrier (RoadRunner).

Dang.

So, fast-forward to 12pm the day after my scheduled delivery date . . . still no bike. So, I gave them another call. This time I talk to the lady who was apparently the one that was shirking her responsibilities yesterday (she told me this). She informs me that my bike still hasn't arrived and that we can schedule delivery for tomorrow.
How do you schedule delivery for something you don't have?

I checked the RoadRunner website and their tracker has the truck sitting in North Florida for 2 days now . . . I'm in central FL. It makes it worse to know that it's soooooo close.

Anyway. No more complaining. It'll get here when it gets here, I suppose. I'm just really anxious to get out there and put some miles on it! This is my first adv bike . . . so, I'm sure this is just the first of MANY hiccups I'll overcome in the days to come.

2016 CSC RX3
2015 TaoTao 50
2006 GSX-R 600 (retired)

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off"