View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phager76 View Post
And, almost two months later... She's all back together. Things have been a bit nuts here, getting papers for the new bikes is being a pain, stay away from powersports max unless you have time to kill. Then last month I got into a wreck in my new Fiesta, my fault (according to insurance) so I'm out the deductible of $2500. I haven't had an at-fault accident in over 20 years. And the final capper, due to genetic issues and no dental insurance for most of my working life, I had to under go oral surgery and have all but 6 teeth removed on the 31st of last month.

I also ended up messing up the new carb (lost the Jesus clip when I tried to reset the needle), so I just ordered another one off eBay. Got it in today, so I installed it after work. After making sure that the battery was charged over dinner, I gave it a few kicks to prime the carb, powered everything up and hit the switch, and she fired right up. I did need to tweak the idle a bit, and I set the idle mix screw at 1.75 turns, might be a hair rich but I can deal with that. I've got all the plastics back on and I'm hoping to take it for a shake down ride tomorrow.

Now to dig up the funds to get all these things titled!
Can you link that ebay carb plz?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~