View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapkin
Well...10 miles later the vibration is back (if it was ever really gone, may have been my imagination) and is now accompanied by a strange clicking sound as I come to a stop with clutch pulled in.

this totally sucks...i dont trust it to ride anymore and has only 1000 kilometers on it.
Check your spokes. Just grab one at a time with your fingers and try to wiggle it. (not very scientific, but it works.) They should give just a little, but not feel loose. I had trouble with my spokes for the first 1000/1500km, three times I had to tighten them, but now I'm over 4000km and have had no more trouble.

Here's a how to I found:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc.../spoke-wheels/

You can tighten the spokes with the wheels still on the bike and the tires mounted (gotta keep in mind that a spoke that's too long can puncture the tube!), or you can unmount the wheels from the bike, insert the axle through the wheel and clamp the ends of it to some jackstands or anything solid enough to hold steady. The link seems to have good directions, I learned how to do it at an early age (11 or 12!), so it's not too hard. Just go slow. Oh yeah, a half turn at once is too much! 1/4 or 1/8 turn is about right once the spoke begins to tighten and you tighten them in pairs as they alternate sides around the hub.